NEW YORK — Gotham Greens, the pioneer of sustainable greenhouse-grown salad greens, herbs, dressings, dips and cooking sauces, is growing its refreshing food items line to contain two new plant-dependent, dairy-cost-free salad dressings: Vegan Ranch and Vegan Caesar. Crafted with high quality elements which includes its personal greenhouse-developed basil, Gotham Greens’ new dressings transform these classic American favorites into modern day dressings and dips produced with no added sugar and no gluten. Ranch and Caesar rank as the #1 and #3 most well known dressings and dips nationally.1
- Gotham Greens Vegan Ranch brings an indulgent peppery and umami position of perspective that brings together expeller-pressed sunflower oil, black pepper, white vinegar and dried parsley. Gotham Greens Vegan Ranch provides an herbaceous twist with tangy, zesty and aromatic tasting notes, excellent for dressing contemporary salads, dipping vegetable crudité and drizzling on pizza and breads.
- Create restaurant-high-quality Caesar salads in your kitchen area with savory and creamy Gotham Greens Vegan Caesar. Made with silken tofu, organic miso, Dijon mustard, added virgin olive oil, capers, black pepper and natural and organic soy sauce – as an alternative of dairy and anchovies – this dressing brings a peppery kick and pairs properly with Gotham Greens crunchy lettuce versions.
Launched in 2009 on the core concepts of sustainability, high quality and taste, Gotham Greens has been just one of the leaders in the motion toward a more sustainable food program. The model is targeted on making use of less organic means and minimizing food squander by removing extensive transportation time and extending the shelf lifestyle of its contemporary salad greens. The newest offerings coincide with the developing adoption of flexitarian and vegan weight loss plans, with plant-based foodstuff occupying 53 per cent of U.S. households2 and 6 percent of U.S. consumers relying on a completely vegan diet plan – a 500 p.c raise because 2014.3
“We know and love that buyers are progressively gravitating toward far more plant-based mostly eating plans for the sake of their wellness and the surroundings. From day one, we set out to reimagine a greener food program — one particular that is dedicated to environmental effects and transforming the way people today feel about rising and feeding on greens. We could not be much more excited to continue this mission with cleaner, greener versions of two of the most iconic and nostalgic American favorites: ranch and Caesar,” said Viraj Puri, Co-Founder and CEO of Gotham Greens.
The new dressings are available at all Sprouts Farmers Current market nationwide beginning July 20.
To rejoice the start, Gotham Greens has partnered with beloved New York City and Jersey City pizza shops Pizza Loves Emily, Paulie Gee’s and Razza for confined-time only specialty pizzas from August 1 through August 31. In line with Gotham Greens’ mission towards a a lot more sustainable long term, 20 percent of proceeds from every single particular pizza marketed will be donated to Slice Out Hunger to fund starvation relief efforts throughout New York Metropolis.
- Pizza Enjoys Emily’s Gotham City Caesar: A white wood-fired pizza topped with roasted hen, havarti, peppers, onions, pecorino and Gotham Greens Romaine lettuce, then concluded with Gotham Greens Vegan Caesar dressing.
- Razza’s Pizza Insalata: Razza’s wood-fired pizza crust is topped with Gotham Greens salad greens and seasonal veggies tossed in Gotham Greens Vegan Ranch dressing.
- Paulie Gee’s Gotham Greenpointer: An homage to Gotham Greens’ first rooftop greenhouse positioned in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, this white wooden-fired pizza is topped with newborn arugula and additional virgin olive oil and drizzled with Gotham Greens Vegan Ranch dressing.
Now, New York City and the Northeast region continues to be just one of Gotham Greens’ premier footprints with virtually 100,000 sq. feet of hydroponic greenhouses positioned across Brooklyn and Queens. Gotham Greens also operates greenhouses in Providence, R.I., Baltimore, Chicago, Denver and Northern California.
About Gotham Greens
Gotham Greens proudly grows and sells clean, flavorful leafy greens and herbs and generates refreshing salad dressings, dips and cooking sauces. By using hydroponic systems in 100 % renewable electricity-run greenhouses, the company’s indoor farms use 95 % significantly less h2o and 97 per cent considerably less land than traditional farming. Today, Gotham Green operates a national network of greenhouses totaling 600,000 square feet across 9 services in New York Metropolis, Chicago, Providence, R.I., Denver, Baltimore and Northern California that deliver regionally grown create and contemporary foods to grocery retailers, dining establishments and food stuff assistance suppliers. The firm, started in 2009 by Viraj Puri and Eric Haley, is a pioneer of the sustainable farming motion and is devoted to shifting the way we make, consume and believe about our foods program.
About Slice Out Starvation
Slice Out Hunger is an NYC-primarily based nonprofit that fights food items insecurity by pizza-similar events and campaigns. Started by qualified pizza enthusiast Scott Wiener as an outgrowth of Scott’s Pizza Excursions, the business has elevated over $1.2 million to fund starvation aid efforts in the U.S., including over $101,000 for Town Harvest because 2009. As a volunteer-driven group, all cash raised by SOH initiatives go specifically to assist those in will need. For additional facts, visit SliceOutHunger.org.